Lead Poisoning

Background on Lead Poisoning

Lead can be found in paint, dust, and soil, and is very harmful to children if exposed. Children under the age of 6 are especially susceptible to lead poisoning because their brains are still developing quickly, and they are likely to ingest lead through swallowing paint chips or dust around the home, toys, or yard.

Lead poisoning can affect children and adults by:

      • deteriorating brain cells and the nervous system
      • creating behavioral and development problems and delays
      • causing headaches, memory and concentration problems
      • hearing issues
      • digestive and reproductive problems

Past Lead Exposure from Gasoline in Cleveland: A Study by Case Western Reserve University

Comments are closed.