Weatherization program for energy efficiency improvements for renters and homeowners (income restrictions):
Renewable Energy Grants for Ohio homeowners:
- Solar hot water: $30 per kBtu/day rating up to $2400
To schedule a home energy assessment: call 1-877-287-3416 or visit www.deohpwes.com
- 2011 Federal Tax Credit for Energy Efficiency: 10% of cost up to $500 or a specific amount from $50- $300
- Energy Star windows and storm windows
- Energy Star doors and storm doors
- Energy Star labeled metal roofs
- Insulation, not including installation
- Qualifying air conditioners
- Qualifying 95% efficient furnaces
- Qualifying hot water heaters
- Biomass stove with thermal efficiency of 75%
- 2011 Federal tax credits for renewable energy: 30% of cost, no limit
- Solar photovoltaic
- Small wind
- Solar thermal
- Eco Link: Low interest loans from the Ohio Treasurer for energy efficiency improvements using Energy Star Products and “Energy Star contractors”.
- Low-interest loans for homes in the City of Cleveland that can be used to finance energy efficiency improvements.
- Low-interest loans for homes in Cuyahoga County that can be used to finance energy efficiency improvements:
- Energy Efficient Mortgages allow buyers to qualify for a larger loan, based on projected utility bill savings from energy efficiency improvements.