You can donate to Environmental Health Watch through Network for Good, which is a secure website that processes donations for non-profit organizations. Click on the Network for Good button below and follow the directions.
You can also donate by shopping through amazon. Use smile.amazon.com , and choose Environmental Heath Watch, Inc.
EHW is member of Greater Cleveland Community Shares, the workplace giving federation for community-based social justice advocacy organizations. Through Community Shares EHW participates in the Combined Federal Campaign and the State of Ohio combined campaign.
Environmental Health Watch is a not-for-profit Ohio corporation, is registered with the Ohio Attorney General under the Charitable Solicitations Law, and is recognized by the IRS as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization (Federal ID #34-1443935). EHW files annual financial reports with the IRS (Form 990) and the Ohio Attorney General. Our financial statements are audited by H & J Certified Public Accounts. The EHW fiscal year is from April to March.
EHW strives to adhere to the highest standards of financial accountability and transparency. You can view and download our most recent audited financial statements (FY 2011-2012 audit, FY 2009-2010 audit, FY 2008-09 audit, FY 2007-08 audit, FY 2006-07 audit and FY 2005-06 audit). Guidestar.org provides free, online access to all our IRS Form 990s.
Financial support for EHW comes from a variety of sources, including contributions through Community Shares and to EHW directly, foundation and government grants, contracts and program service fees. It is thanks to their generous support that EHW’s work is possible.
Sources and Uses of Funds
For FY 2009-2010, total income of $557,334 was derived 62% from government grants, 32% from foundations, 2% from contributions and 3% from program fees. Total expenses of $549,752 were 86% for program activities, 11% for management, and 4% for fundraising.
In recent years, we received grants from these foundations:
- George Gund Foundation
- Cleveland Foundation
- Environmental Support Center
- Mt. Sinai Health Care Foundation
- Ellie Fund
- Eva L. & Joseph Bruening Foundation
- Frank Hadley Ginn and Cornelia Root Ginn Charitable Trust
- McGregor Foundation
- Reuter Foundation
- Sears-Swetland Family Foundation
- Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
- Saint Luke’s Foundation
- William J. and Dorothy K. O’Neill Foundation
We have had grants/cooperative agreements from these agencies:
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
We have had contracts to conduct projects for:
- Cleveland Department of Public Health
- Cuyahoga County Board of Health
- Swetland Center for Environmental Health, Case School of Medicine
- Environmental Health Department, University of Cincinnati
- American Lung Association of Ohio
- National Center for Healthy Housing
- Cleveland Tenants Organization
- Enterprise Community Partners